The Devil's Trap
Next Generation Indie Book Award
256 pages ● 6 x 9”
Interest Level: Grades 3-8 (age 8-13)
Reading Level: Grades 3-4 (ages 8-9)
BISAC Subjects: JUV001000; JUV005000; JUV016140
The second installment in the Devil's Backbone series
Fifteen-year-old Brody Martin has taken refuge in Indian Territory from the Miller clan, on the run from charges of horse theft and murder.
Assuming a false identity, Brody is hired on by Joseph, a Cherokee Indian, to help run his trap lines in the wilderness. Just as he starts to feel safe, he stumbles across a dying man. He quickly learns there are worse things than being separated from his family and wanted for murder.
With enemies waiting to ambush him in Fort Smith and pure evil stalking through the woods, Brody has to pick his path carefully in order to avoid the Devil's Trap.
Plum's The Word Blog
- Artist-in-Residence hal evans Offers Zany Poetry for Young Readers Posted Apr 15, 2017
- Diane Greenseid To Take On Feisty Little Flea Posted Sep 11, 2016
- William B. Jones Embarks on Petit Jean Book Tour Posted Aug 18, 2016
- William B. Jones's "Petit Jean" Selected for the National Book Festival Posted Aug 03, 2016
- Leslie Stall Widener Joins Roster of Plum Street Illustrators Posted Jun 08, 2016
- Plum Street Acquires Third Book in James Babb's Brody Martin series Posted May 23, 2016
In The News
- The Wishing Foxes in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 20.01.2017
- Plum Street Takes World Rights to Feisty Little FleaPosted 10.09.2016
- Petit Jean Tale Targets Young ReadersPosted 08.09.2016
- Factual Fiction: The Legend of Petit JeanPosted 24.08.2016
- Petit Jean: A Wilderness Adventure in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 29.06.2016
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016Posted 06.07.2016