Bye Bye BIG!
Release Date: October 2017
32 pages ● 8.5 x 11”
Full color throughout
Interest Level: PreK-2 (ages 3-7)
Reading Level: PreK-1 (ages 3-6)
BISAC Subjects: JUV009060; JUV002000
An eye-popping circle story teaches sequencing and size relationships
There was a big big frog!
And a little little mosquito
So begins a buoyant visual tale in which one animal after another is bested by a larger one—until the smallest of all proves that strength comes in many forms. Inspired by a dynamic cast of characters featuring mammals, birds, reptiles, and insects, kids will chant along with the refrain and delight in the circle of life.
MacDonald and Fierst capture the spirited rhythms of playground boasts in infectiously simple text. Kitty Harvill’s bold, primary acrylic and cut-paper illustrations reflect the dynamics of the story chain with humor and a surprise ending.
Plum's The Word Blog
- Artist-in-Residence hal evans Offers Zany Poetry for Young Readers Posted Apr 15, 2017
- Diane Greenseid To Take On Feisty Little Flea Posted Sep 11, 2016
- William B. Jones Embarks on Petit Jean Book Tour Posted Aug 18, 2016
- William B. Jones's "Petit Jean" Selected for the National Book Festival Posted Aug 03, 2016
- Leslie Stall Widener Joins Roster of Plum Street Illustrators Posted Jun 08, 2016
- Plum Street Acquires Third Book in James Babb's Brody Martin series Posted May 23, 2016
In The News
- The Wishing Foxes in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 20.01.2017
- Plum Street Takes World Rights to Feisty Little FleaPosted 10.09.2016
- Petit Jean Tale Targets Young ReadersPosted 08.09.2016
- Factual Fiction: The Legend of Petit JeanPosted 24.08.2016
- Petit Jean: A Wilderness Adventure in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 29.06.2016
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016Posted 06.07.2016