Liz Smith Russell
Liz Smith Russell has merged her two passions—entrepreneurship and a love for reading—into a longtime career in book publishing. For nearly thirty years, she served as Publisher at August House Publishers, an award-winning independent publisher based in Little Rock and Atlanta specializing in storytelling resources and multicultural titles for young readers.
Liz has the unusual academic combination of a B.A. in English (Rhodes College) and an M.B.A. (University of Arkansas at Little Rock). "When I was in high school," she recalls, "I edited the yearbook during the school day and kept general ledgers for my dad's CPA firm after school. It's been pretty much the same ever since. Managing creative projects and people is the job I was born to do."
She has worked in the fields of small business consulting and microfinance. She is certified in export management as a Certified Global Business Professional and serves as an adjunct Instructor of Management at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock's College of Business. She is active in first-amendment advocacy and serves on the board of the Arkansas Association of Instructional Media, an affiliate of the American Association of School Librarians.
Lucy Parkhurst Baehr
Interactive Marketing Manager
Having grown up among storytellers, writers, and artists, Lucy Parkhurst Baehr is a triple threat: an experienced presenter and public speaker, a blogging and social media maven, and a lifelong apprentice in the book trade.
Lucy hold a B.A. in Speech Communication from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in May 2015. She joined Plum Street after completing an internship with UALR's Communication Skill Center, where she coached members of the campus community in public speaking and presentation skills.
Pairing her love of books with an intuitive understanding of social media, Lucy is responsible for interactive marketing as well as customer sales and service at Plum Street. As the mother of a toddler and stepmother to a kindergartner, her enthusiasm for reading and book-sharing is evident at home as well as work.
Plum's The Word Blog
- Artist-in-Residence hal evans Offers Zany Poetry for Young Readers Posted Apr 15, 2017
- Diane Greenseid To Take On Feisty Little Flea Posted Sep 11, 2016
- William B. Jones Embarks on Petit Jean Book Tour Posted Aug 18, 2016
- William B. Jones's "Petit Jean" Selected for the National Book Festival Posted Aug 03, 2016
- Leslie Stall Widener Joins Roster of Plum Street Illustrators Posted Jun 08, 2016
- Plum Street Acquires Third Book in James Babb's Brody Martin series Posted May 23, 2016
In The News
- The Wishing Foxes in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 20.01.2017
- Plum Street Takes World Rights to Feisty Little FleaPosted 10.09.2016
- Petit Jean Tale Targets Young ReadersPosted 08.09.2016
- Factual Fiction: The Legend of Petit JeanPosted 24.08.2016
- Petit Jean: A Wilderness Adventure in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 29.06.2016
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016Posted 06.07.2016