Celebrating literature, history, and culture with the young and young at heart
PLUM STREET PUBLISHERS, INC. was founded in 2014 and launched by Liz Smith Russell, an award-winning, 30-year veteran of the publishing industry.
We understand that our role as a publisher is to connect the writer and reader. Whether we are publishing through our proprietary imprint or helping individual and institutional clients realize their own vision for customized projects, we work collaboratively to make that connection.
Plum Street titles are produced with a premium on quality, with durable bindings and archival-quality paper. We utilize the talents of a stable of talented writers, designers, and illustrators, and employ best practices of editorial management developed over three decades. Through our publications, we engage in community building, entertaining families, and reaching out to even the most reluctant readers.
Plum Street Publishers, Inc.
Plum's The Word Blog
- Artist-in-Residence hal evans Offers Zany Poetry for Young Readers Posted Apr 15, 2017
- Diane Greenseid To Take On Feisty Little Flea Posted Sep 11, 2016
- William B. Jones Embarks on Petit Jean Book Tour Posted Aug 18, 2016
- William B. Jones's "Petit Jean" Selected for the National Book Festival Posted Aug 03, 2016
- Leslie Stall Widener Joins Roster of Plum Street Illustrators Posted Jun 08, 2016
- Plum Street Acquires Third Book in James Babb's Brody Martin series Posted May 23, 2016
In The News
- The Wishing Foxes in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 20.01.2017
- Plum Street Takes World Rights to Feisty Little FleaPosted 10.09.2016
- Petit Jean Tale Targets Young ReadersPosted 08.09.2016
- Factual Fiction: The Legend of Petit JeanPosted 24.08.2016
- Petit Jean: A Wilderness Adventure in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 29.06.2016
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016Posted 06.07.2016