The Arkansas Center for the Book has selected Petit Jean: A Wilderness Adventure (a novella for young readers by William B. Jones; illustrated by Gary Zaboly) to represent the state at the Library of Congress's National Book Festival and for inclusion in its "Discover Great Places Through Reading" program.
The National Book Festival, an annual event held in Washington, DC, is a celebration of the joy of books and reading that is sponsored by the Library of Congress and gives attendees the opportunity to visit with more than 175 award-winning authors, illustrators and poets who will talk about and sign their books. This year's festival is Saturday, September 24.
Representatives from across the United States and its territories will celebrate their unique literary offerings in the Pavilion of the States. Guests are invited to collect state stickers and stamps and "Discover Great Places Through Reading."
Plum's The Word Blog
- Artist-in-Residence hal evans Offers Zany Poetry for Young Readers Posted Apr 15, 2017
- Diane Greenseid To Take On Feisty Little Flea Posted Sep 11, 2016
- William B. Jones Embarks on Petit Jean Book Tour Posted Aug 18, 2016
- William B. Jones's "Petit Jean" Selected for the National Book Festival Posted Aug 03, 2016
- Leslie Stall Widener Joins Roster of Plum Street Illustrators Posted Jun 08, 2016
- Plum Street Acquires Third Book in James Babb's Brody Martin series Posted May 23, 2016
In The News
- The Wishing Foxes in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 20.01.2017
- Plum Street Takes World Rights to Feisty Little FleaPosted 10.09.2016
- Petit Jean Tale Targets Young ReadersPosted 08.09.2016
- Factual Fiction: The Legend of Petit JeanPosted 24.08.2016
- Petit Jean: A Wilderness Adventure in The Kirkus ReviewsPosted 29.06.2016
- Book Deals: Week of June 20, 2016Posted 06.07.2016